- Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt and 1 oz. of oil.
- Add 12 oz. of rigatoni pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente (7-9 minutes). Drain pasta immediately and set.
- Place 4 oz. oil mix and 1/2 oz. sliced garlic in sauté pan over medium heat and sauté for 30 seconds to golden color. Do not burn garlic.
- Add 6 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms and sauté for 1 additional minute. Add 2 oz of Frascati white wine to the mushrooms and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add 12 oz. Sbarro Marinara Sauce, 2 oz. chicken stock, 1 pinch black pepper, 1 pinch red pepper and 1 pinch salt. Blend all ingredients well then add 2 oz. of butter. Cook at low flame until the butter is melted, stirring continually. Set aside when butter is melted.
- Boil 1 pound of Italian sausage links (sweet or hot-depending on taste) until fully cooked. Allow sausage to cool and slice at a 45-degree angle 1/4 inch apart and set aside.
- In a large frying pan place 20 oz. Mama Sbarro Sauce and sliced sausage, over low flame. Add 10 leaves of coarsely chopped basil and cover for one minute.
- Transfer the cooked rigatoni pasta and place it in the pan containing the sauce. Add 1 oz. grated Romano and blend well. Remove heat.
- With a slotted serving spoon, remove the pasta from the pan and place into 2 serving bowls. Place the remaining sauce over the pasta. Garnish each dish with 2 oz of Mozzarella cheese Ciliegine (small fresh Mozzarella Balls) sliced in half, and place in a preheated oven for 30 seconds or until the mozzarella is slightly melted.
(yields 2 servings)
(yields 2 servings)
|4 ounces||Oil Mix|
|1/2 ounce||Sliced Fresh Garlic|
|6 ounces||Sliced Fresh Mushrooms|
|2 ounces||White Whine, Frascati|
|12 ounces||Sbarro Marinara Sauce|
|2 ounces||Chicken Stock|
|1 pinch||Red Pepper|
|1 pinch||Black Pepper|
|1 pound||Sliced Sausage Links|
|1 ounce||Grated Romano|
|10 leaves||Basil, Coarsely Chopped|
|4 ounces||Mozzarella Ciliegine, Sliced in half.|